Modify

Ticket #1073 (closed defect: fixed)

Opened 10 years ago

Last modified 10 years ago

bcfg2-yum-helper debuglevel too high

Reported by: https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawlI1O8VyrSK3MFDS2zghV1X2pul0TDfg1o Owned by: https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawnSjgovXZr-_V3vGkvMSR0pc5LDykRc1Nc
Priority: major Milestone: Bcfg2 1.2.0 Release
Component: bcfg2-server Version: 1.0
Keywords: Cc:

Description

On a Fedora11 box with 1.2.0rc2, to make the new packagegroup-aware bits of Packages work I had to lower the debuglevel in bcfg2-yum-helper:

#self.yumbase.preconf.debuglevel = verbose
self.yumbase.preconf.debuglevel = 0

Before I did that, yum was giving me some "helpful" information on stdout that conflicted with the json output the server was expecting:

Importing additional filelist information
{"unknown": [], "packages": ["esound-libs", "system-config-lvm", ...

This resulted in a server error:

Packages: error reading bcfg2-yum-helper output: No JSON object could be decoded

With the debuglevel set lower, that "Importing..." line stopped being printed and everything worked fine.

Attachments

Change History

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by solj

  • Status changed from new to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

Looks like this was fixed in d4d389f9e12074914c6e7327a5abba2d47501964.

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawlI1O8VyrSK3MFDS2zghV1X2pul0TDfg1o

I just tried 1.2.0 final, and it acts the same way. It looks like that changeset only moved things around. I still need to change 'verbose' to '0' on the line to get things to work.

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawlI1O8VyrSK3MFDS2zghV1X2pul0TDfg1o

  • Status changed from closed to reopened
  • Resolution fixed deleted

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawnSjgovXZr-_V3vGkvMSR0pc5LDykRc1Nc

  • Owner changed from desai to https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawnSjgovXZr-_V3vGkvMSR0pc5LDykRc1Nc
  • Status changed from reopened to accepted

comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawnSjgovXZr-_V3vGkvMSR0pc5LDykRc1Nc

  • Status changed from accepted to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

This is actually due to the moderately stupid way Yum handles programmatic configuration (and/or the dreadful lack of documentation on how Yum handles _anything_). I'm actually fairly surprised setting debuglevel to 0 worked for you.

Anyhow, fixed for real in https://github.com/Bcfg2/bcfg2/commit/2483f2cfa54418789723dee930e24d4a3e462f0e

WARNING! You need to establish a session before you can create or edit tickets. Otherwise the ticket will get treated as spam.

View

Add a comment

Modify Ticket

Change Properties
<Author field>
Action
as closed
The resolution will be deleted. Next status will be 'reopened'
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.